Rev. Terry Peacock Scholarship
The 2016 Deacon Terry Peacock Scholarship winners, taken at graduation last week. On the left is Natalie Tobin and on the right is Benjamin Rosenfeld. Both will attend St. Vincent - St. Mary High School in the fall.
St. Sebastian Knights of Columbus; Council #14255, has made a provision for two (2) $1,000 youth scholarships for graduating 8th grade parishioners of St. Sebastian Elementary School, Our Lady of the Elms Grade School, and PSR program. The scholarship may be used to further a catholic education at one of our area catholic high schools. The two scholarships; one for a young man, the other for a young woman, will be awarded for the 2016-2017 school year. St. Sebastian Knights of Columbus Council # 14255 voted unanimously to name the scholarship: The Deacon Terry Peacock - Knights of Columbus Youth Scholarship
, in recognition of Deacon Terry's dedicated service to the young people of St. Sebastian parish.
Any graduating eight grade student from St. Sebastian School, Our Lady of the Elms Grade School, or participant in St. Sebastian Parish School of Religion (PSR), who wishes to further their catholic education at a local catholic high school.
- Applicants must submit an application, along with an essay for consideration
- The essay’s theme:
If St. Theresa of Calcutta were still alive today, what do you think she would say about how the following problems should be addressed by the faithful Roman Catholic Community?
a. Undocumented immigrants from Mexico and other Central American countries trying to enter the USA to find employment.
b. Refugees from war torn countries like Syria and Iraq who are trying to escape the danger of their homelands.
- Desired essay length: type written, 12 pt. font, double spaced, 500 words recommended
- Scholarship eligibility is not need based, nor will the determination committee seek personal information from an applicant’s family
- All students are eligible, not just children of Knights of Columbus members
- The applicant, by participation and submittal of an essay, signals his or her willingness to earn one of the scholarships and to enroll in an area catholic high school in 2017.
- Deadline for submitting application and essay to the school office is January 5, 2017.
- Fund disbursement directly to the specific Catholic school chosen by the awardees
- Notification to awardees by February 1, 2017. Formal presentation to awardees at June 2017 commencement.
- Please submit application & essay to St. Sebastian School Office.
- Questions may be referred to:
To download a copy select "File" then "Download" in the browser to save to the form to your computer to view or print.
To view or print the form offline you must have a PDF viewer installed, such as Adobe Reader.
Congratulations to our 2016 scholarship winners. Both plan to attend St. Vicent - St. Mary High School in the fall.
- Benjamin Rosenfeld
- Natalie Tobin
From Left to Right: Natalie Tobin, Deacon Terry Peacock and Benjamin Rosenfeld.
2015 Deacon Terry Peacock
Scholarship winners, taken at graduation last week. On the left is
Kennedy Adams and on the right is Joshua Johnson. Both will attend Archbishop
Hoban in the fall.
Tyler Eroshevich (St. Vincent - St. Mary)
|The 2014 Peacock Scholarship award winners at the award presentation. Shown, from left front, are scholarship winners Tyler Eroshevich and Danielle Castor, from left back Deacon Terry Peacock and scholarship chairman Dr. Mark Adamczyk.|
- Patrick Walker
- Jillian Anderson
- Grant Huber
- Olivia Dujanovic
- Andrew Wagner
- Katelyn Holaday