Rev. Terry Peacock Scholarship
||Jerry Reeves, one of the 2013 Peacock Scholarship award winners, is recognized at his award presentation. Shown, from left, are scholarship committee chairman Dr. Mark Adamczyk, Jerry's sister and brother, Kate and Alex, Jerry, and Deacon Terry Peacock. Standing behind them are Jerry's parents, Jerry and Wendy Reeves.
St. Sebastian Knights of Columbus; Council #14255, has made a provision for two (2) $1,000 youth scholarships for graduating 8th grade parishioners of St. Sebastian Elementary School, Our Lady of the Elms Grade School, and PSR program. The scholarship may be used to further a catholic education at one of our area catholic high schools. The two scholarships; one for a young man, the other for a young woman, will be awarded for the 2014-2015 school year. St. Sebastian Knights of Columbus Council # 14255 voted unanimously to name the scholarship: The Deacon Terry Peacock - Knights of Columbus Youth Scholarship
, in recognition of Deacon Terry's dedicated service to the young people of St. Sebastian parish.
Any graduating eight grade student from St. Sebastian School, Our Lady of the Elms Grade School, or participant in St. Sebastian Parish School of Religion (PSR), who wishes to further their catholic education at a local catholic high school.
- Applicants must submit an application, along with an essay for consideration
- The essay’s theme: "Pope Francis has called for all Catholics to be more aware of and provide for those most in need. How can Christ's message that 'whatsoever you do for the least of my people, that you do unto me' apply to your daily life?"
- Desired essay length: type written, double spaced, 250 words recommended
- Scholarship eligibility is not need based, nor will the determination committee seek personal information from an applicant’s family
- All students are eligible, not just children of Knights of Columbus members
- The applicant, by participation and submittal of an essay, signals his or her willingness to earn one of the scholarships and to enroll in an area catholic high school in 2014.
- Deadline for submitting application and essay to the school office is January 10, 2014.
- Fund disbursement directly to the specific Catholic school chosen by the awardees
- Notification to awardees by January 24, 2014. Formal presentation to awardees at June 2014 commencement.
- Please submit application & essay to St. Sebastian School Office.
- Questions may be referred to:
To download a copy select "File" then "Download" in the browser to save to the form to your computer to view or print.
To view or print the form offline you must have a PDF viewer installed, such as Adobe Reader.
Ryan Maxwell (St. Vincent - St. Mary)
Danielle Kastor (Hoban)
- Patrick Walker
- Jillian Anderson
- Grant Huber
- Olivia Dujanovic
- Andrew Wagner
- Katelyn Holaday