Rev. Terry Peacock Scholarship
||From left, former KofC Grand Knight John Anderson and Deacon Terry Peacock congratulate 2009 scholarship winner Andrew Wagner, as St. Sebastian Pastor Rev. John Valencheck, and Andrew's parents, Frank and Patti Wagner, look on
St. Sebastian Knights of Columbus; Council #14255, has made a provision for two (2) $1,000 youth scholarships for graduating 8th grade parishioners of St. Sebastian Elementary School, Our Lady of the Elms Grade School, and PSR program. The scholarship may be used to further a catholic education at one of our area catholic high schools. The two scholarships; one for a young man, the other for a young woman, will be awarded for the 2012-2013 school year. St. Sebastian Knights of Columbus Council # 14255 voted unanimously to name the scholarship: The Deacon Terry Peacock - Knights of Columbus Youth Scholarship
, in recognition of Deacon Terry's dedicated service to the young people of St. Sebastian parish.
Any graduating eight grade student from St. Sebastian School, Our Lady of the Elms Grade School, or participant in St. Sebastian Parish School of Religion (PSR), who wishes to further their catholic education at a local catholic high school.
- Applicants must submit an application, along with an essay for consideration
- The essay’s theme: The year 2012-2013 has been declared a “Year of Faith” by Pope Benedict. During this year, how can you build and share your relationship with Christ to live a life of faith each day?
- Desired essay length: type written, double spaced, 250 words recommended
- Scholarship eligibility is not need based, nor will the determination committee seek personal information from an applicant’s family
- All students are eligible, not just children of Knights of Columbus members
- The applicant, by participation and submittal of an essay, signals his or her willingness to earn one of the scholarships and to enroll in an area catholic high school in 2013.
- Deadline for submitting application and essay to the school office is January 11, 2013.
- Fund disbursement directly to the specific Catholic school chosen by the awardees
- Notification to awardees, by January 25, 2013. Formal presentation to awardees at June, 2013 commencement.
- Please submit application & essay to St. Sebastian School Office.
- Questions may be referred to:
To download a copy select "File" then "Download" in the browser to save to the form to your computer to view or print.
To view or print the form offline you must have a PDF viewer installed, such as Adobe Reader.
- Patrick Walker
- Jillian Anderson
- Grant Huber
- Olivia Dujanovic
- Andrew Wagner
- Katelyn Holaday