Rev. Terry Peacock Scholarship
The 2016 Deacon Terry Peacock Scholarship winners, taken at graduation last week. On the left is Natalie Tobin and on the right is Benjamin Rosenfeld. Both will attend St. Vincent - St. Mary High School in the fall.
St. Sebastian Knights of Columbus; Council #14255, has made a provision for two (2) $1,000 youth scholarships for graduating 8th grade parishioners of St. Sebastian Elementary School, Our Lady of the Elms Grade School, and PSR program. The scholarship may be used to further a catholic education at one of our area catholic high schools. The two scholarships; one for a young man, the other for a young woman, will be awarded for the 2015-2016 school year. St. Sebastian Knights of Columbus Council # 14255 voted unanimously to name the scholarship: The Deacon Terry Peacock - Knights of Columbus Youth Scholarship
, in recognition of Deacon Terry's dedicated service to the young people of St. Sebastian parish.
Any graduating eight grade student from St. Sebastian School, Our Lady of the Elms Grade School, or participant in St. Sebastian Parish School of Religion (PSR), who wishes to further their catholic education at a local catholic high school.
- Applicants must submit an application, along with an essay for consideration
- The essay’s theme:
Francis has talked about three important things since he has been pope:
1. The link between being poor and being humble;
2. The need for mercy and forgiveness in the world, and
3. The importance of protecting the earth.
Remembering that the pope is both a religious leader and a political figure, what do you think he will talk about next? Why? How is this an important issue for you?
- Desired essay length: type written, 12 pt. font, double spaced, 250 - 500 words recommended
- Scholarship eligibility is not need based, nor will the determination committee seek personal information from an applicant’s family
- All students are eligible, not just children of Knights of Columbus members
- The applicant, by participation and submittal of an essay, signals his or her willingness to earn one of the scholarships and to enroll in an area catholic high school in 2016.
- Deadline for submitting application and essay to the school office is January 7, 2016.
- Fund disbursement directly to the specific Catholic school chosen by the awardees
- Notification to awardees by February 1, 2016. Formal presentation to awardees at June 2016 commencement.
- Please submit application & essay to St. Sebastian School Office.
- Questions may be referred to:
To download a copy select "File" then "Download" in the browser to save to the form to your computer to view or print.
To view or print the form offline you must have a PDF viewer installed, such as Adobe Reader.
Congratulations to our 2016 scholarship winners. Both plan to attend St. Vicent - St. Mary High School in the fall.
- Benjamin Rosenfeld
- Natalie Tobin
From Left to Right: Natalie Tobin, Deacon Terry Peacock and Benjamin Rosenfeld.
2015 Deacon Terry Peacock
Scholarship winners, taken at graduation last week. On the left is
Kennedy Adams and on the right is Joshua Johnson. Both will attend Archbishop
Hoban in the fall.
Tyler Eroshevich (St. Vincent - St. Mary)
|The 2014 Peacock Scholarship award winners at the award presentation. Shown, from left front, are scholarship winners Tyler Eroshevich and Danielle Castor, from left back Deacon Terry Peacock and scholarship chairman Dr. Mark Adamczyk.|
- Patrick Walker
- Jillian Anderson
- Grant Huber
- Olivia Dujanovic
- Andrew Wagner
- Katelyn Holaday