Rev. Terry Peacock Scholarship
||The 2014 Peacock Scholarship award winners at the award presentation. Shown, from left front, are scholarship winners Tyler Eroshevich and Danielle Castor, from left back Deacon Terry Peacock and scholarship chairman Dr. Mark Adamczyk.
St. Sebastian Knights of Columbus; Council #14255, has made a provision for two (2) $1,000 youth scholarships for graduating 8th grade parishioners of St. Sebastian Elementary School, Our Lady of the Elms Grade School, and PSR program. The scholarship may be used to further a catholic education at one of our area catholic high schools. The two scholarships; one for a young man, the other for a young woman, will be awarded for the 2015-2016 school year. St. Sebastian Knights of Columbus Council # 14255 voted unanimously to name the scholarship: The Deacon Terry Peacock - Knights of Columbus Youth Scholarship
, in recognition of Deacon Terry's dedicated service to the young people of St. Sebastian parish.
Any graduating eight grade student from St. Sebastian School, Our Lady of the Elms Grade School, or participant in St. Sebastian Parish School of Religion (PSR), who wishes to further their catholic education at a local catholic high school.
- Applicants must submit an application, along with an essay for consideration
- The essay’s theme: "Pope Francis has recently called a Synod of Bishops to review and reflect upon the church's teachings on the family. In what way is your family the center of your spiritual life and how do you see your role in your family's faith life changing throughout your high school years?"
- Desired essay length: type written, double spaced, 250 words recommended
- Scholarship eligibility is not need based, nor will the determination committee seek personal information from an applicant’s family
- All students are eligible, not just children of Knights of Columbus members
- The applicant, by participation and submittal of an essay, signals his or her willingness to earn one of the scholarships and to enroll in an area catholic high school in 2015.
- Deadline for submitting application and essay to the school office is January 9, 2015.
- Fund disbursement directly to the specific Catholic school chosen by the awardees
- Notification to awardees by January 23, 2015. Formal presentation to awardees at June 2015 commencement.
- Please submit application & essay to St. Sebastian School Office.
- Questions may be referred to:
To download a copy select "File" then "Download" in the browser to save to the form to your computer to view or print.
To view or print the form offline you must have a PDF viewer installed, such as Adobe Reader.
(St. Vincent - St. Mary)
Danielle Kastor (Hoban)
- Patrick Walker
- Jillian Anderson
- Grant Huber
- Olivia Dujanovic
- Andrew Wagner
- Katelyn Holaday